Saturday, February 4, 2012

WOW...

I can't believe that, in under a week, I'll be back in New York, sleeping in my own bed.  What originally seemed like it would feel much longer (I'll be spending 3 months living in another country?!) has turned into something that has passed in the blink of an eye (What?!  I've spent 3 months living in another country?!).  And, as is usually the case, I feel like I haven't had the chance to half of the things I'd like to have done... But that's what happens (at least for me) when you're in a city to make theatre: all your attention goes to that.

We are in the homestretch: 6 more rehearsals are left to finesse transitions, beef up relationships, and fix everything in general, advance response to the piece has been positive.  Whew!  The wall is moving correctly and all our costumes have arrived.  The lights are still a work in progress... OH!  Did you know they don't use a stage manager at front of house in the booth.  She runs the show back stage and the light and sound guys take their cues independently!  So very different from the U.S.  No centralized control of the show from the front of house, which originally freaked me out, but that system sees to work for them (and for me, at the moment).

Well, I'm off to rehearsal to get the actors to go deeper into their characters, to relate more to each other, to listen and react.  And to feel.  Apparently, this is a normal place for the show to be at at this point and no one seems to be worried.  They're confident that it will be in great shape, and I have to say, so am I... 

Below are some shots of the set.  The lighting really makes it come alive..

More later,
Andrew

This is one set, on one side of the wall...  Beane's sad apartment.


This is the other side of the wall... Joan and Harry's lovely loft.


 And more of the loft... very modern. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment